Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 4 - I never did like that number.

Sunday was a marathon packing session. I woke up really early and started with the shredding. I had so much stuff, that I almost burnt out the motor on my little shredding machine! Walmart opened at 8am, and I was there waiting patiently. "Just another two bins", I said. Famous last words. I filled those two before noon and there was plenty more stuff to be packed. For those of you who have had the pleasure of moving, you'll know what I mean when I say that there seemed to be an endless parade of 'stuff' that would come out of the cupboards and dark corners of the Manor. In the end, I would have close to 30 BIG boxes. Quite the contrast to my estimate of '12 boxes' that I told my sister that I had when she agreed to allow me to store some stuff in the basement of her place in Ottawa!

On my way back from my afternoon Timmie's run, I ran into my friend MW. He was driving his truck and put it in neutral in the middle of the road while we chatted it up. Traffic in both directions was brought to a crawl as we caught up on news. In our defense, it was a lazy Sunday afternoon, and anyone in a rush should really have been ashamed of themselves....

My sister came down from Ottawa to help me pack and to keep me company on the drive up to Ottawa. I didn't know wha kind of godsend that was until later. Without her help, I think I would have been packing until the wee hours of the night! For dinner, we went out to my favorite sushi restaurant on College. The place was packed but the service was prompt and the food, well, great as always. We rolled home after the meal and started in on the packing again. We finally called it quits at 11pm - a job well done with a few odds and ends left to go for Monday morning. Famous last words.

No comments: