Future dates:
June 16th - first day on the job. Note to self, teach the Brits how to brew REAL coffee ...
June 12th - PM - move into new apartment.
June 12th - AM - arrive in London.
June 11th - fly out of Ottawa for London.
======================================
June 2: Day 5 - This was the day that we've all be waiting for - moving all my junk to Ottawa! I would have been better off just to set fire to it all and start fresh. ONE last trip to Walmart in the morning ... Arrived at the van pick up location at 10am, only to wait for an hour in line. Back home by 11am, and on the road by 2pm after a bit of a panic attack that I wasn't going to get all my stuff into the van. 6 hours, 2 coffees, 20 timbits and 3 rest stops later, arrived in Ottawa. Got some help from my sister's neighbours to unload (the second godsend!). Studying my eyelids by 11pm. Sounds easy? Right.
June 1: Day 4 - Marathon packing day today. My sister came down from Ottawa to help me pack and to keep my company on the drive up to Ottawa (my first godsend!). Made several trips to Walmart for packing materials, each time swearing that it would be my last trip. Ran into my friend MW (who was driving). We stopped to chat for a while, creating a traffic jam, 6 cars long. Back to the Manor for more packing. By this time, there was no sorting - just throwing everything into boxes/bags with the view of sorting it all out later.... finally ran out of gas at 11pm, content that we had most of the packing done and ready for a well earned rest.
May 31: Day 3 - Not much to say here other than packing, packing and more packing. Took the afternoon to run some errands around town and to pick up a gift for Sandra. Made the typical mistake that ALL guys make when buying gifts for their girlfriends - I bought the wrong one. I thought I was safe in choosing the big one. Lesson to all you guys out there - less is more. That will be my new mantara from now on .... ow! What was that? Oh yeah, it was Sandra's shoe glancing off the back of my head ...
May 30: Day 2 - Booked my one way flight through Zoom Airlines today. Took time out to check out a local restaurant that I had been meaning to try for quite some time. Better do it now - only 2 more days in TO!
May 29: Day 1 - First taste of freedom! In between jobs now and it feels great! The day consisted of packing and more packing. I have been diligent about keeping stuff organized or at least, trying to. I had big designs to sell my junk at a garage sale. No such luck.
May 28: Day 0 - Last day at work. Trying to hold back the tears ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment