These early mornings are starting to get bothersome. Kinda reminds me of the old MBA days when you would run for months on 4 hours of sleep each night! I tried to call the CIBC VISA office to change the mailing address on my VISA card. The office isn't open until 7.00am. Slackers.
I did manage to book my flight to London with Zoom Air, leaving June 11th at 5.35pm from Ottawa and arriving at 6.55am in Gatwick! I've flown into Gatwick only once. Not the prettiest airport that I've been to, but it'll do the trick. Zoom Air is good as they let me fly one-way without penalty. Air Canada and BA will gladly sell me a one-way ticket, but the cost is about the same as a return ticket! I decided on the 'premium' seat which gives me a bit more leg room and a bit more baggage allowance. Speaking of baggage, what's crazy is that Zoom Air allows sportings goods for FREE (a word that I love to hear). I think I'll bring my golf clubs and stuff as much extra stuff as I can into the pockets.
My roommate and I were going to go to our favorite local Vietnamese restaurant for lunch, but it started to rain as we left the Manor, so we decided to detour to the local Portuguese restaurant that we had been meaning to try for a very long time. I had been before, but only for the BBQ take out. He had the roast chicken dinner and I ordered the baby roast pork dinner. What came to the table were these HUGE platters of food - an generous portion of protein and an insane amount of starch (potatoes AND rice). I was kicking myself that we didn't try it sooner! Despite my best efforts, I had to take a doggie bag home.
After the carb overload, I caught up with my sleep in the afternoon with a refreshing power nap!
Up again an hour later and back at it. Sorting, cleaning, packing. Repeat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Okay, the confusion continues …..
you’re blog is now JKL is leaving for London. No doubt that will change once you ARRIVE in London and I’ll be more confused! DB wanted to rim you yesterday for advice on the spreadsheet and was totally shocked when I told him you no longer have your BNS blackberry (duh!). You’ll have to let me know how Zoom premium seats are – that’s what we’ve booked for our trip. Looking forward to reading about the garage sale.
Post a Comment