Wednesday, July 23, 2008

London Summer

Summer officially arrived sometime in early July ... and promptly ended a few days later! The last few weeks have been a series of cool nights (about 10 degrees) and rainy days. From what I've been told, this is what I can come to expect for the London 'summer'. Despite the cool weather, I'm still getting my daily dose of high temperatures, thanks to the London subway. With no air conditioning, the breadbox of wheels gets hotter and hotter as the day goes on. By the time the dinner bell rings, the subway is packed with people and temperatures have crept up to about 35 degrees ...

Work is starting to get busier and busier, with many new projects on the go. We're coming into the August holiday season which is much worse that it is in Canada. Just about everyone take off 2-3 weeks with the family, so it's near impossible to get projects moved forward ...

This coming weekend is the first weekend since arriving that I don't have anything planned. A good chance to relax and to recharge.

No comments: